While most people buy disposable diapers for their infants, there are some people who use reusable diapers. They do so for a number of reasons, but no matter what they are, the hard part is the cleaning. It is not hard per se, but it may be inconvenient at best. After all, waste does not smell like roses, which is why you need an efficient way to clean it. As for that, all you need for a job well done is the best diaper sprayer you can afford.
The benefits of using a diaper sprayer
As you can imagine, there are plenty of advantages to using a diaper sprayer. What is even better is that the benefits exceed the costs, so you will be more than satisfied with what you are buying. Here is why:
- The smell will not set in – when you change your baby’s diaper, you need to put the dirty one away. That is not an issue, but if you do not clean it beforehand, the smell will bother you. After all, it is not like anyone likes the smell. It may be natural, but that does not mean you have to live with it. But if you spray the waste away, the smell will disappear, and your house will not smell like poop until you wash the diapers.
- It prevents staining – the faster you clean the diaper, the more chances you have of cleaning it properly. However, it is not like you can throw the diaper in the washing machine and wash it one at a time. Until you have a full cycle, you can just spray the diaper, so that when you wash it properly, there will be no stains.
- No need for extra rinses – when you do not spray a diaper, you will need a few extra rinses, even before you add the detergent. All the waste will dissolve in the washer, which means it requires a lot of water to rinse. A spray diaper will make that unnecessary. The sprayer will act as an extra rinse, which also means you will save some water as well.
- It is a more hygienic way to dispose of your baby’s poop – let’s face it. Disposing of your baby’s poop is not the most pleasant thing in the world. A diaper sprayer will make the process more hygienic. You do not have to touch anything that you do not want to touch, so you will not come into contact with bacteria.
- You will save water – all diaper sprayers have a pressurized nozzle so that you do not waste water cleaning the diapers. It may seem like there is a lot of water running, but in reality, the pressure makes it look that way. And since you will need less water for the washing itself as well, your water bill will not be that high.
- You can use it for other purposes as well – just because it says diaper sprayer on the box, that does not mean you cannot use it for that purpose only. You can use it as you see fit, and whatever helps you around the house. It will not break if you extend its use, that is for sure.
I am sure that you can add a few more benefits to that list, but there is no point in going on. I was sold at no more odor, which is the primary reason people invest in the best diaper sprayers. As for disadvantages, I am not aware of any such thing.
How to choose the best diaper sprayer?
Now that you decided a diaper sprayer is a right thing for you, you must make a choice. Unfortunately, the more you browse among products, the more confused you feel. There are so many of them, which is why you need to establish some criteria. If you have no idea where to start, here are a few tips:
- Read the specifications – not all diaper sprayers are created equal, which means you need to read the specifications so that you can make sure the product fits your needs. Otherwise, you may end up with the wrong diaper sprayer, and nobody wants that.
- Make sure that the product you choose is easy to install – as long as you do not need a plumber, all is well. Lucky for you, most of the best diaper sprayers are designed with ease of installation in mind, so you have nothing to worry about. You do not need many skills, and as long as you can follow a few easy steps, you should be more than fine.
- Ensure that the diaper sprayer you purchase is compatible with your toilet – just like not all diaper sprayers are created equal, neither are the toilets. When you make a purchase, you need to look at the specifications and check the compatibility. Otherwise, you may need to send the product back and buy another. That is easy to avoid if you pay attention to details.
- Pressure – while some products come with a single pressure setting, my recommendation is to look for one that has adjustable pressure. That is because you may not always need the same pressure, and adjustability will make the diaper sprayer more convenient to use in other situations as well. Maybe you need a gentle rinse, or perhaps you require jet spray. Whichever you need, make sure that the product makes it possible for you to use it as you see fit.
- Versatility – while diaper sprayers are bought for one purpose, nobody says that you cannot use it for other things as well. Does the product you put your eyes on can be installed in the shower? Some people prefer that. If you are one of those people, then make sure it is possible. After all, the more you can use a sprayer, the more you will get out of it. Diaper spraying is not always the only purpose.
- Construction – while this may be the last on the list, it does not mean it is the most insignificant feature. When you buy a diaper sprayer, look at the materials used for its manufacture. You need something durable. That way it will last for an extended period. You may be required to spend a few extra dollars, but at least you know that you will not buy another diaper sprayer anytime soon. I recommend that you purchase a product made of stainless steel. While there are other durable materials, stainless steel will always prove to be the best.
What are the best diaper sprayers?
If you are having difficulties in choosing the best diaper sprayer for yourself, below you will find three excellent suggestions. Many people bought the products and declared themselves more than satisfied with their purchase. After all, a person who has already purchased a particular product is the most qualified to tell you whether it is worth buying or not.
SmarterFresh Cloth Diaper Sprayer
If you are looking for an efficient way to clean your baby’s reusable diapers, then SmarterFresh is one way to go. It features an adjustable force which gives you the opportunity to have a gentle rinse or jet spray. No matter which setting you choose, you will have a splatter-free experience. The sprayer guarantees ease of use, no leaks or other problems, and there will be no more dunk and swish. I believe we can all appreciate that.
Thanks to the pressure control that this product comes with, cleaning diapers is easier than ever. You can clean even the dirtiest diapers without frustration. The package includes a brass T valve adapter, hose, and wall mount/hook holder. The SmarterFresher sprayer comes with every piece of hardware you need for a successful and easy installation. It should not take you more than 10 minutes for assembly.
The cloth diaper sprayer is made of high-quality stainless steel for more durability. While you can use this as a diaper sprayer, you can also use it as a bidet sprayer, or potty set cleaner, or you can use it for cleaning or rinsing anything else you may need. Overall, this product is worth its investment, and I am sure you will be satisfied with its use.
Bumworks Cloth Diaper Toilet Sprayer Kit
The Bunworks sprayer promises to help you clean dirty diapers without any mess. You can clean almost anything with it, which is why this is one of the most popular products online. Not only that, but you can also use this model for your personal hygiene. All you need to do is attach the hose to your bidet. The three feet hose is more than enough for whatever purpose you may have.
The pressure of this sprayer is high enough to clean even the toughest diapers, but it is gentle enough not to create a splash. However, keep in mind that the Bumworks device does not have multiple pressure adjustment settings, so you must settle for the pre-set pressure. Even so, I am sure that you are going to be satisfied with what it can do.
The kit is very easy to install. You do not need to call a plumber or anything. You can do it yourself in no more than five minutes. The package includes a brass chrome bidet, a metal hose, a T valve, and a mounting clip adapter. As for compatibility, you should know that this model is compatible with a standard American toilet with a 7/8 connection. The sprayer is made of sturdy and durable materials so that you can enjoy the sprayer for many years to come.
Soloriss Cloth Diaper Sprayer
The diaper sprayer from Soloriss is yet another product worth mentioning. Aside from using it to clean cloth diapers, you can also use it as a toilet or bidet cleaner, or a shower sprayer, you can use it to clean the kitchen sink, wash your car, and kids’ toys, shower babies, or whatever else you want to do. Think of it as an extension of your house’s water source. What you choose to do with it is your choice, but the important thing is that the Soloriss sprayer will adapt and satisfy your every need.
This product is made of materials of the highest quality. All parts are made of 304 stainless steel. The package also includes a chrome-finished brass T valve with washer screws. You will also receive Teflon tape so that you can make sure the adapter will not leak. Installation is quite straightforward. You can either attach it to the wall or hang it to the toilet tank. The manual will teach you how.
Unlike the previous model, this one comes with pressure control so that you can use it conveniently. Whether you need gentle pressure or jet spray, the sprayer will deliver. You can save water, and clean diapers efficiently, and all without too much effort. I am sure that you are going to love this kit.
While all three products are excellent as far as quality is concerned, there is one that exceeds the other two. I am talking about the SmarterFresh Cloth Diaper Sprayer. It is made of the most durable stainless steel, it has pressure control so that you can adjust it however you like, and it is not very expensive either. From where I stand, this is one of the best diaper sprayers in this price range. Hopefully, you feel the same and make a purchase. I am sure you will not regret it.
If you want to use cloth diapers for your baby, that is your choice, but do not dismiss a solution that has the potential of making your life better. A diaper sprayer will help you a great deal with cleaning, and you will rely on it every single day until your child will learn how to go potty. The models above are among the best on the market, and whichever you choose, you will be satisfied with their efficiency. They are affordable, durable, and most important of all, they will do a great job at whatever you buy them for.